Sometimes when you're trying to upload the files they might be not recognized by the InfraNodus server.
Most of the time this occurs when your files do not have the correct extension. So the first step is to try to rename your file(s) with the correct extension (for example, using .CSV).
If that doesn't work, then probably you're using the Windows operating system and the bug occurs because your Windows operating system does not mark the "filetype" field for your files. So then InfraNodus doesn't know what type of file it's dealing with and therefore cannot process it.
However, there is a way around this issue.
Step 1: Try to rename your files with the correct extension and upload them again.
Step 2: If it doesn't work, follow the following steps on Windows systems —
- Go to your File Explorer and find the Registry Editor program. This program allows you to edit the system-wide settings for your machine. Use it with care, do not edit anything else in there!
- Open the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT folder and find the file extension you're dealing with. For example, .MD
- Right click on it and then select New > String
- For .MD files: Add "Content Type" value for the Name column and "text/markdown" for the Data column
- For .CSV files: Add "Content Type" value for the Name column and "text/csv" for the Data column
- Click enter and Save. Verify that the content type is set to the right value. The image below is for reference, you should have "text/csv" there instead for a .CSV file:
Step 3: Close the program, restart your browser, and upload the files into InfraNodus again. Now it should work! Contact us if you need more help!