In this tutorial, we will demonstrate how you can use InfraNodus visual text network analysis app in combination with GPT AI models to analyze a market discourse and develop an innovation strategy.
The workflow is based on the following steps:
1) Understand the customers' pain and problems
2) Find the aspects that bother them
3) Think how you could address those aspects with your products and remove that pain
4) Study the cutting-edge industry discourse (science + patents + conferences)
5) Reveal the gaps in the current discourse
6) Develop ideas to bridge the gaps
7) Find intersections between those innovative ideas and practical solutions to customers' problems
During this process, we will be using InfraNodus text network analysis tool, which helps us analyze and visualize various types of discourses. It also has multiple import functions enabling us to get the data we need quickly.
We will also be using GPT-3, GPT-4, and ChatGPT AI built-in InfraNodus to show how we can use those cutting-edge language models to ideate on top of the existing market discourse and to generate interesting insights.
Part 1: Analyzing customers' feedback
1. Find open survey responses or customer reviews to analyze
It's better to focus on complaints and difficulties, as this type of content helps us better understand our customers' problems.
2. Detect the main topics, high-level ideas, and relationships in the customers' discourse
Once we understand the main topics that bother our customers, we can address them better with possible solutions.
3. Reveal the main problems in the customers' discourse
Zoom into the topics identified in order to undertand the context around those problems, the specifics, and the nuances.
4. Writing down your insights into project notes
Remember to write down your insights into project notes, as you're using the graph to analyze the discourse.
5. Transforming our insight into actionable strategy
Ask yourself: do I have a cost-effective capacity to address a particular problem identified using my product / idea? How could it be implemented?
6. Connecting the structural gaps between the ideas
Find the blind spots in your customers' discourse. Things they like or they don't like may have some gaps. Bridging those gaps points to interesting market opportunities.
E.g. How to combine positive experiences that are usually distinct from one another into one product? How to address two problems at the same time?
7. Using ChatGPT to query the market discourse and writing down your insights
Actively use built-in ChatGPT to query the customers' discourse and to get a different perspective on it.
8. Generate a summary of your project notes using GPT-3 AI
Once you wrote down some notes, make a summary and a quick outline, so you get the gist of your insights.
Part 2: Finding cutting-edge innovative ideas
1. Analyzing the most innovative scientific discourse
Find a scientific discourse on a topic of your interest or the latest patent filings in the field (titles would do, you can also use built-in Google / Google Scholar import).
2. Why visual analysis is effective?
Text network graph allows you to visually inspect the text and reveal some interesting patterns within that would normally not be available.
3. Detecting unusual patterns in data — that's why graphs are so useful!
4. Analyzing cutting-edge topics in an industry using conference topic analysis
5. Finding gaps in the industry's discourse to generate ideas
Rather than looking for trends, look for the gaps. Everyone is riding the trends, but a lot of people are missing the gaps. Bridging those gaps can reveal new opportunities. If they are also resolving the customers' pain, you have a perfect innovation strategy that is fresh and practical at the same time.