InfraNodus can represent the text as a network and use powerful graph analysis algorithms to identify and visualize the main keywords, topics, and their relations.
Online Tutorial (4 minutes):
Step 1: Getting a General Overview
1. Find a text you would like to analyze (e.g. a research paper, your writing, notes, customer feedback, Tweets or news). You can also use any interconnected data or sequence (e.g. RNA, music notes, etc.)
2. Open Infranodus Apps and go to Add a new text app
3. Copy and paste your text and click Save.
4. Once the text is visualized, you can use the graph to analyze the discourse qualitatively.
5. Open the Analytics panel at the bottom right to see the most influential terms and the most important topics in the text.
Step 2: Revealing the Meaning Brokers and Structural Gaps
6. Remove some more obvious words to see what's hiding behind them. All the graph's metrics is recalculated.
7. See the network structure statistics in the analytics panel.
8. Click the Insight tab in analytics to find the structural gap: parts of the text that could be connected but are not yet — that is the place where the new innovative ideas may be.
9. Also take a look at the latent meaning brokers: the nodes that have a high proportion of influence to frequency. This may be important terms that can be missed from the first sight that connected the important parts of the discourse together.
9. Open the Stats panel to see the full list of the most influential words and the terms that
Step 3: Finding What's Missing
10. Select the nodes in this graph that seem relevant to you
11. These nodes will be also added into the add text panel.
12. You can then click the + Import Search button to add the search results from Google (they will be added as a separate graph)
13. Import the results and see the difference between the two graphs (in the Analytics panel: Insight > Missing in the Current Graph > Reveal)
14. You will then see what people find in relation to this topic that your text doesn't yet have, which may indicate further interesting ideas for this content.